Thank you! My mentor, Deepak Kanakaraju for giving me an opportunity to write my first blog on his internship program. Marketing has been my passion after getting into this field, I graduated with a two-year degree in MBA and B.Tech in Software Engineering. Marketing is a full-time commitment and is essential to always look for ways to improve a company’s outreach. A successful marketer is crucial to the long term success of any company, and I believe that my unique skill set is perfect for a marketing role.
I had previously worked in the Marketing department and conducting global events, and I oversaw a wide variety of successful marketing and organizing events. My primary goal was to increase my brand awareness and reach new clients through social media (CXO Level). Each event was in successful in raising interest and interaction with potential clients. However, still, I felt something is lagging in me and want to learn a deep skill set and entering into the digital marketing industry and then my journey continues…
Have you been hearing “Digital Marketing” where ever you go these days? Yeah, that’s because it is the IN thing today, and Digital Marketers are in huge demand.
You know, marketing will never go out of fashion as long as there are 2 kinds of people in the world. One — those who have problems and Two — those who have the solutions to those problems.
After all, that’s what marketing is all about, isn’t it! The more important part of Digital Marketing is ‘Marketing’ rather than the ‘Digital’. Digital is just the way marketing is done today.
Marketing is the toughest job in the world, and one of the reasons, according to me is that to be able to sell something to people, you should be convinced of its usefulness yourself. You should also know enough about what you are selling so that you sound convincing to people, and you are able to intelligently answer the questions your customers will have about the product or service you’re trying to sell.
It’s also important to remember that if you don’t bother about checking the value (and I don’t mean the monetary value here) of what you are selling, people will not return to become your loyal customers. So don’t make the mistake that many marketers do, just concentrating on Sell Sell Sell. Rather give more emphasis to Value Value and Value, and then see how your customers stay loyal to you for a long time.
Also, in my opinion, Digital Marketing is not for just hardcore marketers. Whether you are a student, or a business owner, a freelancer or a marketing agency, everyone can benefit from learning digital marketing. Whether you want to take up a job in Digital Marketing, or freelance as one, or are running your own business or have a blog, Digital Marketing skills will always stand you in good stead.
Fine day I got a mail from digital Deepak about a Paid Internship. What else u want than an industry-renowned name Deepak Kanakaraju himself mentoring and helping you to learn digital marketing. Without much thought, I joined the programme and on my first internship class 1,
Here are the highlights from the First class of the internship program,
1. At first, forget about digital marketing, one should be clear about his goals in life. Without any goal, one can only keep praying to God for a secure life.
- Improve your communication skills so that you can excel in all areas of your life.
- Improve your sales skills and be able to sell yourself better ad your products better.
- Become a blogger, video maker, affiliate marketer, agency owner, grow your business, start a movement or get a job.
2. Finding your niche(gold). Finding it is half your success. Make it a Combination of Talent, Passion and Market Opportunity.
3. The ever-expanding market and the scope for all types of businesses.
4. A bit but very informative explanation of global economy, debt, inflation recession consumer purchasing behaviour and their age group etc.. “People always pay money for value”
5. Communication- one of the basic key skill, how to improve it.
Daily target of Listening, reading, writing, watching movies etc.
6. Future of Digital Marketing, and integrated digital marketing.
Marketing will never die. So digital marketing too. Because Marketing+Technology =digital marketing.
7. Keyword research and competitor research.Use of Tools such as AdWords keyword search, Ahrefs, SEMrush, search console etc.
8. Google trends. Exploring what the world is searching and knowing about your competitors.
How to select a niche.
Selecting a niche is one of the most important and difficult tasks. The niche should be selected considering a combination of talent, passion and market opportunity. All three factors are equally important in selecting a niche. If you have talent and passion in a particular niche but there is no market opportunity, then one will not be able to scale it.
There is no point in selecting a generic niche where you are everything to everyone because then you will be nothing to no one. And during the recession, strong companies survive and weak companies are wiped out.
9. Building your own personal Brand is Important,
10. How the Sales Funnel works,
About the internship
You will get all the help and mentorship from Deepak on how to complete the assignments with examples. Even though it’s a paid internship, you can earn even more than you have paid, when you complete the assignments. Yes, you can see your Focus, Effort and Effect coming to you if you are keen on Learning. Added to that you can work on live projects if you are good at your tasks. What else you can ask for! Day-1 of the internship program has lived up to its expectations!!!